19.3.09

New love !!!

I've always loved dolls, especially art dolls and miniature dolls in all kinds of materials. But I was never the kind of girl, who likes plush toys.
So I've only recently discovered the passion for soft toys and this happened, I think, because so many wonderful artists are now using the soft toy as an artistic object.
This tendency has grown very much in the last couple of years and I've been making a list of favourites, which I'd like to share with you here. It's very difficult to know where to start, but here are a few great ones.

Of course you know the work of Lizette Greco. My favourites are the animals and the cars.

"The works of Lizette Greco + Grecolaborativo are the product of a full family collaboration, a couple creating with their young daughter and son. Our plush art is based on the children's drawings and are made using only thrifted and recycled materials. Our aim is to create artwork that celebrates a child's perspective of the world and will hopefully be passed from generation to generation." Lizette Greco

Sem comentários: